Spend Christmas in Singapore 2023 | Christmas Events, Icy Fun, Light Parades, and More!
Christmas in Singapore sees an annual celebration of togetherness, giving, and hope - and of course, this celebration comes in the form of larger-than-life Christmas events, attractions, activities, markets, and a whole lot more. Know more about how Singaporeans spend their holiday season and you're bound to want to spend your next Christmas there!
Why Spend Christmas in Singapore?
- If you like traveling to Singapore as a tourist, then you're going to love Christmas in Singapore, as there are more things to do than ever at this tourism haven.
- Some of the country's most-awaited events take place during December in Singapore, especially during the holiday season - like the Christmas on a Great Street, for instance.
- Singapore's temperate climate and balmy weather during the holiday season make it an especially enjoyable location to travel to, this time of the year.
- Everyone is bound to find their ideal way of spending Christmas, as Singapore's diversity calls out to tourists and natives from all cultures and backgrounds.
Top 11 Things to do on Christmas in Singapore
1. Revel in a Christmas Event
Prepare to be making a lot of difficult choices, as almost all attractions in Singapore - big or small - host their very own event for Christmas where they go all out with the festive cheer.
The most-awaited events during Christmas in Singapore are:
2. Partake in Icy Activities
Nothing like taking in the winter breeze around you to usher in the festive spirit, especially if it’s Singapore’s pleasant winters. Enjoy an activity that’s as fun for the first-time skater as it is for the experienced!
Here are the best places to enjoy some icy fun during Christmas:
3. Indulge in a Singaporean Christmas Feast
Feast away to your heart’s content on some of your favorite traditional Christmas meals that have been Singapore-ified, providing a unique festive dining experience that is impossible to find anywhere else.
Here are some Christmas must-try foods in Singapore:
4. Attend Christmas Wonderland
Transport yourself to another reality entirely at Gardens by the Bay with one of the most breathtaking events with which Singaporeans welcome the holiday season in. Truly the place to be if you’re looking for an extravagant Christmas celebration in Singapore!
The best things to do at Christmas Wonderland are:
- Participating in carnivalesque games, activities, and rides
- Heading to the Mistletoe Alley Market for some Christmas shopping
- Marveling at the luminaries for some stunning photos
- Boarding a shimmering carriage to enter a real-life fairytale
5. Explore Changi Airport's Festive Cheer
As the most popular hubspot for tourists in the country, it is no surprise that the Changi Airport gears up for its own Christmas celebration every year. With stunning light displays, activities, and more, this attraction is no less than a veritable Christmas theme park!
The best things to do at Changi Airport on Christmas are:
- Getting some pictures with Disney Tsum Tsums
- Glamping your heart out with a luxurious staycation experience
- Time traveling to the past with Dino Blitz
- Gorging on the largest fries in Singapore at the Dino Carnival
7. Shop Till You Drop at Christmas Markets
Christmas markets in Singapore are great for much more than shopping, as simply strolling through one is enough for you to experience the full force of Christmas festivities. With Christmas displays and crafts abound, there’s plenty to see at these markets!
Find the best Christmas markets in Singapore at:
10. Head to Church for Service
Those looking for a more somber moment in the midst of their festive shenanigans can head to one of Singapore’s many churches to participate in Midnight Mass or other services and programs offered by the church.
The most popular locations for Christmas service are:
11. Go to a Mall
It’s no surprise that Singapore’s futuristic shopping malls have some of the most flamboyant Christmas displays. Some of them also feature well-loved pop culture in addition to majestic Christmas trees, so don’t miss out on these sights!
The best malls to go to at Christmas are:
Frequently Asked Questions About Celebrating Christmas in Singapore
Christmas is one of the best times of the year to visit Singapore, as most (if not all) tourist attractions organize Christmas-special activities, events, and attractions that make this memorable tourist destination even more so.
While Singapore at Christmas does get slightly cooler weather than the rest of the year, it is by no means unpleasantly cold. Visitors can expect the usual humid and sunny Singapore weather, with frequent gusts of cool air and quite a bit of rainfall throughout the month.
Singapore actually sees some of its biggest crowds during the winter months, owing to the respite from the heat. Tourists also flock to Singapore to attend celebrations for Christmas and New Year's Day.
While Christmas is a public holiday for everyone in Singapore, it is rare to see anything closed up during this time of the year. Shopping malls, popular tourist attractions, restaurants, and other such establishments will definitely be open on Christmas!
The annual Mistletoe Alley Market at the Christmas Wonderland, held at Gardens by the Bay, is by far the most popular Christmas market in Singapore.
Luckily, almost all restaurants are open on Christmas in Singapore - and most even offer special Christmas menus to celebrate the holiday season, so don't miss out on those!
The best place to stay in Singapore during Christmas is undoubtedly anywhere near Orchard Road, as it places you in the midst of all the Christmas action - especially with the famous Christmas on a Great Street just minutes away from where you're staying.
Singapore has no dearth of what to eat on Christmas day, with meaty delicacies like stuffed turkey, wagyu beef, steak, and a variety of roasts gracing almost every table on Christmas.
Keeping in mind the sheer diversity of Singapore's cuisine, you can expect to be spoilt for choices when it comes to your Christmas feast. For special Christmas menus, don't miss out on popular spots like Racines and Andaz Singapore.
To catch some of the most magical spots for Christmas lights in Singapore, you can head to Orchard Road, Christmas Wonderland at Gardens by the Bay, and CHIJMES for its light show!
In the way of Christmas traditions in Singapore, some may head to church for Midnight Mass and make homecooked meals for their Christmas feast, while others may choose to head out to participate in Christmas events and see the attractions around the city,