Spend Valentine's Day in Singapore | A Complete Guide with Best Places to Visit, Tips & More
Top 9 Things to do on Valentine’s Day in Singapore
1. Enjoy the Stunning City Skyline
Sightseeing / For the Power Couple
Marina Bay Sands is a romantic destination for couples, offering unique viewing platforms, shopping, dining and bars. Experience a boat ride or a sunset dinner at a rooftop restaurant. Take a dip in the world's largest infinity pool 200 meters above the ground.
Top things to do at Marina Bay Sands:
- Take Sampan Boat Ride inside Marina Bay sands
- Witness breathtaking City Skyline from Marina Bay Sands SkyPark: Observation Deck
- Indulge in shopping and entertainment
- Try your luck at Marina Bay Sands Casino
- Relax at a 57-floor high Infinity Pool
2. Explore Gardens By the Bay
Sightseeing / For the Nature Lovers
As one of the most popular attractions in Singapore, Gardens by the Bay is home to 18 distinct gardens featuring unique plants and flowers from around the world. If you’re looking for an unforgettable experience this Valentine's Day, Gardens by the Bay should be on your list!
Highlights of Gardens by the Bay:
- Discover the diverse flora at Floral Fantasy.
- Immerse yourself in the alien world of Pandora at Avatar: The Experience at Cloud Forest.
- Unwind among stunning Supertree Grove structures.
- Observe captivating light displays at OCBC Skyway.
3. Cruise into Love
For the Romantics
Experience romance on the high seas with a Valentine's Day cruise in Singapore. Celebrate your love in style aboard a luxurious ship, offering a variety of romantic experiences, such as candlelit dinners, live music, and stunning views of the city skyline.
Choose from the top Singapore Cruises:From S$13.40
4. Fall in Love With Art & Culture
Culture / For the Art Lovers
Experience the beauty of love at Singapore's museums this Valentine's Day. Explore art, and history hand-in-hand with your significant other. Know more about the stories of the city's history and culture, and create lasting memories with your loved one while enjoying interactive exhibits and galleries.
Visit these museums in Singapore:
5. For a Fun-Filled Island Adventure Date
Activity / For the Adventure Couple
Sentosa Island offers a romantic atmosphere, beautiful beaches, and plenty of fun activities to do together. Plus, it's just a short distance from Singapore, making it the perfect getaway spot. Be sure to book a couples spa at a resort in Sentosa, set amidst tranquil beachfront scenery - sure to be an unforgettable experience together!
Top Sentosa Attractions:From S$19
6. Enjoy a Cooking Class Together
Spend Valentine's Day in Singapore bonding with your significant other as you learn the art of cooking together. Join a fun and interactive cooking class where you'll pick up new techniques and create a romantic meal as a team. Perfect for foodie couples looking for a unique and memorable way to celebrate their love.
Best couples cooking classes in Singapore:
- Book a cultural cooking class at Food Playground
- Take market to table culinary experience at Let's Go Cook Singapore
- Private cooking class at Traveling Spoon
7. Indulge in a Romantic Dinner
Singapore is home to many world-renowned restaurants, making it the perfect destination for a romantic dinner on Valentine's Day. Whether you're looking for a traditional fine dining experience or a more casual atmosphere, Singapore has something for everyone.
Top 5 restaurants in Singapore:
8. Explore Wildlife with Loved One
For the Nature Lovers
Valentine's Day is a perfect opportunity for nature lovers to explore Singapore's diverse wildlife and nature. From lush rainforests to scenic coastlines, the island offers a variety of opportunities to discover the beauty of nature while bonding with your loved one.
Singapore's 5 best places to see for nature lovers:
- Singapore Zoo: Get up close to exotic animals from around the world.
- River Wonders: Take a romantic boat ride and discover the diverse wildlife of freshwater habitats.
- MacRitchie Reservoir Park: Enjoy a romantic hike through lush rainforests and spot exotic wildlife | Find on map
- Night Safari: Experience the thrill of a night-time safari and see nocturnal animals in action.
- Bukit Timah Nature Reserve: Hike, birdwatch, picnic, and explore diverse flora and fauna.| Find on map
9. Go Couple Shopping
Shopping malls may not seem like an ideal place for date night, however, Orchard Road transforms into a magical wonderland during the month of February! With colorful decorations, street performers and plenty of shopping opportunities, you won’t be running out of things to do anytime soon!
Things to do at Orchard Road:
- Visit Singapore’s most dazzling shopping mall: ION Orchard | Find on map
- Visit the Grande Whisky Museum which boasts about 4,500 of the world’s rarest and oldest whiskies | Find on map
- For street fashion enthusiasts don't miss your way to Far East Plaza | Find on map
- Indulge in some best brews at Oriole Coffee + Bar | Find on map
Tips & hacks to celebrate Valentine's Day in Singapore
- Plan Ahead: Create a detailed itinerary of what you want to do and where you want to go to avoid stress on the day itself.
- Make It Personal: Add your own personal touch to the plan, such as romantic notes and small gifts, to make the day special.
- Take It Slow: Slow down and savor the moment, take some time out for just the two of you to talk and enjoy each other's company.
- Add Some Spice: Add a little bit of extra spice to your itinerary by trying out daring activities such as Indoor skydiving or bungee jumping.
- Capture The Moment: Take lots of photos and videos throughout the day to look back on these memories in the future.
- Don't Forget to Relax: Treat yourself to relaxation at one of Singapore's amazing spas, offering couple's massages, facials and body wraps to unwind after your amazing adventures together.
Frequently Asked Questions About Valentine's Day in Singapore
The best things to do on Valentine’s Day in Singapore are spending time stargazing, going for a romantic dinner date, and chilling out at Marina Bay Sands.
The best restaurants to do candlelight dinner on Valentine’s Day in Singapore are Whitegrass, Waku Ghin, CÉ LA VI Singapore and Odette.
No, it is not cold in Singapore in February.
The best places to stay on Valentine’s Day in Singapore include Bliss Hotel Singapore, Conrad Centennial Singapore, and The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore.
Couples can go for a fun day out at Wild Wild Wet water park, enjoy Island hopping, and relish the views of the city from Singapore Cable Car on Valentine’s Day in Singapore.
Sharing a kiss atop the Singapore Flyer is one of the most romantic things to do in Singapore.
Some of the best things to see for couples in Singapore are the National Orchid Garden, ArtScience Museum, and Mandai Wildlife Reserve.
Watch Spectra – A Light & Water Show at Marina Bay Sands
For budget travelers in Singapore, there are plenty of ways to make the day a special one without having to spend too much. From romantic strolls in Gardens By the bay to indulging in local street food. there are many ways to create an unforgettable Valentine’s Day experience
Yes, Singapore is a safe destination for couples to celebrate Valentine's Day. The country has low crime rates and stringent laws which ensure safety.
Take a romantic hot air balloon ride over the city skyline and see Singapore from a whole new perspective. Or, take your partner on an off-the-beaten-track food tour and explore the culinary side of Singapore – a delicious way to spend quality time together.