Your Complete Guide to Visit Universal Studios Singapore
Situated on Sentosa Island in Singapore, Universal Studios Singapore is an exceptional amusement park that offers many exciting rides across six themed zones, inspired by Hollywood movies. The park boasts exclusive rides, making it the first of its kind in Southeast Asia. With thrilling attractions based on popular films, families and groups are sure to have a great time. Keep reading for everything you need to know before visiting Universal Studios Singapore.
Universal Studios Singapore Opening Hours
Wednesday to Sunday: Universal Studios Singapore is open from 11 AM to 6 PM, including public holidays.
Closed: Universal Studios Singapore is closed on every Tuesday.
Best Time to Visit | Universal Studios Singapore
Weekday vs Weekend: Universal Studios Singapore is located in Sentosa Island, a major tourist region in Singapore. The theme park is very popular with families and is crowded year-round. Visit the attraction on a weekday to avoid large crowds. Try not to plan your visit on weekends and public holidays.
Peak Season vs Low Season: The best time to visit Singapore is between December and early March. The weather is mild and dry with plenty of sunshine. Keep in mind that the city is crowded during the New Year week and Chinese New Year festivities, which fall in either January or February. The average temperature from November to May is around 26 degree-Celsius with low humidity and less rain. The months of June to September are a tourist off-season but still draw a lot of tourists for shopping festivals.
Where is Universal Studios Singapore?
Universal Studios Singapore is located within the Resorts World Sentosa, on the luxury resort island of Sentosa. The island is known for hot tourist attractions such as the Madame Tussauds Singapore, iFly Singapore, Adventure Cove Waterpark, and of course, Universal Studios Singapore.
Address: Universal Studios Singapore, Resorts World Sentosa, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore 098269
Landmark: Resorts World SentosaFind on maps
How to Get to Universal Studios Singapore?
- Travel by the North-East Line or Circle Line of the MRT and alight at the HarbourFront Station.
- You can catch a Sentosa Express from VivoCity shopping mall or stroll down 2 kilometers of the Sentosa Boardwalk into Sentosa.
By Cable Car:
- Start your journey at the Mount Faber Line from HarbourFront station near HarbourFront Tower II.
- Board the cable car and alight at Sentosa station, walk five minutes from Sentosa station to reach Imbiah Lookout station on the Sentosa Line.
- Board the cable car going to Merlion station. From here, you can either take a 4 minute walk to the Imbiah Station to catch the Sentosa Express vehicle or travel by bus numbers A or C from the bus stop on Artillery Avenue.
- One option is to travel by bus numbers 65, 80, 93, 188, 855, 10, 30, 97, 100, 131, 145 or 166 and alight at VivoCity.
- Catch the bus RWS 8 and alight at Resorts World Sentosa.
- Alternatively, board bus 123, 188R, 963R, or NR1, and alight at Resorts World Sentosa bus stop 14519.
- If you are traveling by an Intra-Island bus, choose Bus A or C and alight at Resorts World Sentosa Basement 1.
- Sentosa Express buses are also available.
By Personal Car: If you plan on driving to Universal Studios Singapore, you can avail of the parking services at Resorts World Sentosa.
Car Park Timings: The car park is open from 11 AM to 6 PM.
Car Park Charges: Monday to Thursday - $6; Friday, Saturday, Sunday, & public holidays - $9.
Valet Charges: Valet charges are $3 per vehicle, excluding parking charges.
Know Before You Go
- Lockers: Lockers are available throughout the park for a fee. Oversized luggage can be stored at the Rental Services counter. Loose articles can be locked free for the duration of each ride.
- ATMs: Automated Teller Machines are located outside the attractions in Forum Basement 1.
- Gift shops: Visitors can shop in the gift shops inside and outside Universal Studios Singapore.
- Toilets: You can locate toilets in every zone of the park.
Wheelchairs are available for rent (SGD 15) at the park entrance and can be used only within Universal Studios Singapore. Personal strollers and wheelchairs are welcome in the theme park.
Universal Studios Singapore is a great place to bring your family and children.
Baby strollers: Visitors can bring baby strollers or rent an infant/single stroller for SGD 15 or a double stroller for SGD 20.
Baby Centre: The nursing room is located in the Membership Lobby inside the park.
Baby-Changing Facilities: Changing stations are available at the restrooms inside the park.
- For the safety of all visitors, there will be a mandatory bag check for all visitors.
- Universal Studios Singapore does not allow visitors to bring food and beverages from the outside.
- Guests in costumes, full face makeup, face painting, or masks are not allowed inside the park.
- Visitors are only allowed to smoke in designated places.
- Motorized or wheeled mobility equipment such as skate-scooters, unicycles, and roller-blades are not allowed.
- Photography, video recording, eating, drinking, or smoking are not permitted inside Universal Studios Singapore attractions.
Inside Universal Studios Singapore are a number of food stalls, restaurants, and themed cafes. You can easily spot them as you walk around the park. Have some fresh popcorn at Pop's, and some juicy chicken legs at KT's Grill.
Make a weekend out of your visit to Universal Studios Singapore by staying at any of the amazing hotels on the island.
TreeTop Lofts: Located within Resorts World Sentosa, TreeTop Lofts is a private hideaway in the treetop canopies. (find on maps)
Ocean Suites: Enjoy a luxury stay in a two-story townhouse with stunning views from the patio and jacuzzi. (find on maps)
Hard Rock Hotel Singapore: Located in the Southern Islands neighborhood, the Hard Rock Hotel Singapore offers dining, recreation, and easy access to the theme park. (find on maps)
Village Hotel Sentosa: Families love this hotel. The staff and service have been constantly rated as impressive. Enjoy spectacular views, a swimming pool, and dining options. (find on maps)
What's Inside Universal Studios?
There are different zones inside Universal Studios Singapore, each with their own set of attractions.
Paying homage to the iconic Hollywood Boulevard, this zone has a replica of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Hollywood, dotted with palm trees, is the first zone visitors will see upon entering the theme park. Stroll down the boulevard to meet Gru and the Minions or Po and Master Tigress from DreamWorks Animation's movies.
This zone is a replica of the Big Apple! Experience the energy of New York and indulge in fun experiences like Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase and Lights, Camera, Action! You can also meet characters from Sesame Street and Madagascar. Take a break to enjoy an original NY pizza slice at Louis NY Pizza Parlor.
This zone is for Sci-Fi addicts! Ride in the thrilling Battlestar Galactica: HUMAN vs. CYCLON or join Optimus Prime in TRANSFORMERS The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle. Hardcore fans can pose for a picture with the Transformers!
This is your ticket to ancient Egypt. Take an indoor coaster ride into total darkness in the Revenge of the Mummy ride or hop into a vintage jeep to venture into the Egyptian sands to hunt treasures. Don't forget to explore the Cairo Market and buy the Pharaohs' Desserts in a souvenir bottle.
The Lost World
Buckle up for the adventure of a lifetime! Catch a birds-eye view of Jurassic Park from above in the Canopy Flyer ride. Watch the hatching of a baby Velociraptor dinosaur under the supervision of Dr. Rodney or show your allegiance by shopping at the Dino-Store.
Far Far Away
This zone is for all you Shrek fans. It is modeled after the Kingdom of Far Far Away from the Shrek movie franchise. Take the enchanted Airways dragon ride to fly above the canopies and join the Shrek 4D adventure to experience your favorite character in a new dimension. Complete your trip visiting Fairy Godmother's Potion Shop.
Universal Studios Singapore Tickets
Frequently Asked Questions About How to Visit Universal Studios Singapore
A. Universal Studios Singapore is a theme park located within the Resorts World Sentosa in the luxurious tourist island of Sentosa in Singapore.
A. Yes, Universal Studios Singapore is open to the public, adhering to the Covid-19 rules enforced by Singapore authorities.
A. Universal Studios Singapore is the first of its kind in Southeast Asia. Visitors can enjoy pulsating rides and thrilling interactive shows woven around some of the most beloved Hollywood movies.
A. No, you need a ticket to visit Universal Studios Singapore.
A. Universal Studios Singapore tickets are available online.
A. Universal Studios Singapore tickets start at S$73.20
A. Visit Universal Studios Singapore on a weekday to beat crowds. The best time to visit the theme park is between December and early March during the dry months. You can enjoy a mild climate with plenty of sunshine.
A. Universal Studios Singapore is open Wednesday to Monday and on public holidays from 11 AM to 6 PM. The park is closed on all Tuesdays.
A. Yes, Universal Studios Singapore allows group bookings.
A. Yes. Universal Studios Singapore is a family-friendly attraction. Your children will love the thrilling rides and characters from popular animated movies.
A. Yes, Universal Studios Singapore is wheelchair accessible.
A. Yes, Universal Studios Singapore is divided into six zones based on the themes of different movies. You can find diners, most of them inspired by movies, in all the zones.
A. Universal Studios Singapore is a vast tourist attraction. You may need an entire day to experience all the rides and attractions.
A. Yes, Universal Studios Singapore is a must-visit tourist attraction. It’s the only Universal theme park in Southeast Asia. 18 rides are customized for this park alone, making it a unique tourist attraction.