A Guide to Visiting Singapore in April | Attractions, Events, Weather & More
From Cambodia to Indonesia and Thailand, Southeast Asia has some fascinating tourist destinations. Singapore is among those, with the island-state attracting millions to its shore every year. Tourists love the diversity on display in Singapore; the country offers a mix of cultures from India, China, and Malaysia. Thanks to Singapore's history and strong economy, there are many tourist spots to see and experience, including historical monuments, world-class hotels, and ancient temples. April is an excellent time to visit the city, as it is less crowded and enjoys tropical weather.
Is April a good time to visit Singapore?
Singapore is always a good idea. April is an excellent time to visit the city as the weather isn't humid, there are fewer tourists, and rainfall doesn't ruin your plans. Several events and festivals are also held in April, making Singapore a paradise.
Why You Should Visit
- April is a dry month in Singapore. There's not much rain, so you explore the city without checking the weather incessantly.
- There's less tourist rush in April. You can spend sufficient time at each attraction and not waste time in long queues.
- Several music and art festivals are held in April, making your visit entertaining.
- Travel and accommodation costs are lower due to fewer tourists.
What to Look Out For
- April in Singapore can be humid, especially on afternoons. Ensure you stay hydrated.
- While rainfall is extremely low, thunderstorms are possible. Check the weather before stepping out to explore Singapore.
- Book tickets to Singapore's top spots online to save time and grab the best deals.
- Many events and festivals are held in April. Book tickets in advance to ensure you don't miss out.
Overview of Weather in Singapore in April
Best Things to do in Singapore in April
Festivals in Singapore in April
Events in Singapore in April
1. Singapore Maritime Week
Date: Last week of April
Organised by the Maritime and Port Authority (MPA), Singapore Maritime Week celebrates and discusses the latest developments in the international maritime community. It is a wonderful event to understand key initiatives in the maritime industry through conferences, dialogues, and forums.
2. SILMO Singapore
SILMO is a leading trade fair that provides an exciting look into the world of optics and eyewear. SILMO Singapore is the Asian flagship edition of SILMO Paris. It is an excellent place to learn about new developments in eyewear and lifestyle. The trade fair shows you new designs, collections, and technologies.
Know Before You Visit Singapore in April
What to wear in Singapore in April
- April is a hot and humid time in Singapore. Carry clothes accordingly.
- Light clothing is preferable as temperatures hardly drop below 20°C.
- Rainfall is extremely less in Singapore in April. Therefore, avoid carrying many jackets. One might be enough.
- Pack comfortable footwear that doesn't lead to sweating.
What to Pack in Singapore in April
- Comfortable clothes and footwear
- A backpack that can carry a water bottle.
- Power bank and phone charger
- Electrolyte drink to beat the humidity you're going to face in April.
Getting Around Singapore in April
- By Train: Singapore is an advanced economy. Therefore, it has a well-connected public transport system. Singapore's Mass Rapid Transit is among the fastest ways to travel in the city, with most tourist spots a few walks away from a train station.
- By Bus: Bus is another economical way to travel in Singapore. The buses in the city are well-connected to all parts of the city. Prices are affordable, so you can save more on transport.
- By Taxi: If you're in a rush, you can take a cab in Singapore and quickly reach your destination. It can be expensive, though.
Where to Stay in Singapore in April
Singapore is an expensive city, but that doesn't mean you can't find budget hotels and hostels in Singapore. Here's a list that might help:
What to eat in Singapore in April
Filled with luxurious delicacies, Singapore offers cuisine from around the world, especially the Asian countries.
- Laksa: A cross between Chinese and Malay cuisine, Laksa is a delicious dish made of rice noodles in spicy coconut curry soup with shrimp, fish cakes, egg, and chicken meat. Some restaurants also add cockles and tofu puffs to the dish.
- Barbecued stingray: Originating in the streets, barbecued stingray is now among the most popular dishes in Singapore. It features stingray meat slated in thick sambal sauce wrapped in banana leaf and cooked slowly on a grill.
- Satay: Need a snack? Try Satay, a popular side dish made of meat and served along with rice cake and peanut sauce. You can choose the meat you want.
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Singapore in April
There's never a bad time to visit Singapore. April is a humid month, but you'll find fewer tourists in the city.
The lack of rain in April will allow you to visit the best monuments and attractions in the city. In April, you can experience the Singapore Flyer, Gardens By the Bay, and the Universal Studios in Singapore.
The weather in Singapore isn't chilly in April. Evenings are pleasant, but the temperature doesn't drop below 20°C.
April is one of the hotter months in Singapore. The maximum temperature can exceed 30°C, so prepare accordingly when stepping out.
You can visit the beaches in Singapore in April, but swimming might be uncomfortable. The temperature of the sea is close to 30°C in April.
It is sunny in Singapore in April. You can feel the heat and humidity.
The warm temperature means you need comfortable, light clothes in Singapore in April.
Rainfall is extremely less in Singapore in April. However, do expect sudden showers.
Singapore is one of the most expensive places to visit worldwide. That said, you will find budget hotels in the city in April.
Crime in Singapore is rare. However, watch out for pickpockets and petty thefts, especially at airports and public places.
Singapore is full of amazing destinations. In April, you can see the Marina Bay Sands, Universal Studios, Singapore Flyer, and the Jewel Changi Airport in Singapore.
Singapore Maritime Week and SILMO Singapore are the two major events to look out for in Singapore in April.
The average temperature in Singapore in April varies from 25°to 33°C.
The Universal Studios is a fantastic location to visit with kids in Singapore in April. Singapore Cruises and Night Safari also provide experiences kids love.
Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Singapore River Festival are the two main festivals in Singapore in April.