Gardens by the Bay
The Gardens by the Bay Singapore is situated within the Marina Bay district surrounded by towering skyscrapers and the sea. The park consists of three separate gardens: Bay Central Garden, Bay East Garden and Bay South Garden - that together cover a space of 270 acres. Some of the popular Gardens by the Bay attractions include the cloud forest, flower dome and floral fantasy that captures the tropical essence of Singapore, bringing the Garden City to life. Read on to find out more about its highlights, things to do, what to expect and lots more before you make a visit to Gardens by the Bay.
Gardens by the Bay | Key Information
Total Area: 101 hectares
Highest point: 18 metres (Flower Dome)
Started in: 2007
Started by: National Parks Board of Singapore
Landscaping styles: Mediterranean, tropical, and desert
Patroness of the gardens: Singapore's first Prime Minister, Lee Kuan Yew.
Why Visit Gardens by the Bay
- It is home to the Flower Dome, which broke the record for having the world’s largest glass greenhouse in 2015.
- Catch one of the world’s tallest indoor waterfalls as you make your way into the Cloud Forest.
- Head down to the Far East Organization Children’s Garden - an outdoor playground and water park filled with exciting features from water tunnels to spray jets creating a perfect family-friendly destination.
- Witness an array of sculpture collection from around the world spread out within the Garden
- Explore the four themed gardens at Floral Fantasy that interconnect between the stunning flora and Singapore’s rich culture.
- Check out the unique light show at the Supertree Grove.
Select Your Gardens by the Bay Ticket
Your Gardens by the Bay Ticket Options Explained
Gardens by the Bay Direct Entry tickets
Your Gardens by the Bay Direct Entry tickets offer an exclusive tour of the Gardens with skip-the-line access tickets to Flower Dome, Supertree Observatory, Cloud Forest featuring Avatar The Experience
- Areas of access: Flower Dome, Supertree Observatory, Cloud Forest, Avatar The Experience, Waterfront Heritage Gardens
- Skip the line access: Yes
- Exclusions: Audio Guides, OCBC Skywalk
- Cancelation policy: This ticket cannot be canceled
- Extended Validity: These tickets are valid for 2 months from the date of purchase.
- Mobile ticket: You don't need to carry a printed copy of the ticket. A mobile ticket is a valid entry ticket.
Gardens by the Bay Combo
Gardens by the Bay combo tickets include entry to Gardens of the Bay Double Conservatories, National Orchid Garden, Round-trip Skyride, 2 Luge rides, Return cable journey from Mount Faber to Sentosa Island, Marina Bay Sands SkyPark, 5 digital photo files, 2 ‘Magic Shots’ videos, Access to ArtScience Museum.
- Areas of access: Gardens by the Bay combo tickets give you access to attractions like the Flower Dome, Supertree Observatory, Cloud Forest, Avatar Experience, and more.
- Restrictions: Restrictions include no food/beverage in certain areas, age/height restrictions at Sentosa Luge, and luggage restrictions at Marina Bay Sands Skypark.
- Operating Hours: Operating hours for various attractions may vary, check the calendar for specific hours on your visit day.
- Cancelation policy: Tickets can be cancelled for a full refund up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
- Mobile ticket: A mobile ticket is valid for entry, no need to print a copy.
Floral Fantasy Tickets
Floral Fantasy Singapore tickets include access to all 4 landscapes at Floral Fantasy garden, light and sound shows, and interactive exhibits.
- Areas of access: All Four landscapes ( Dance, Waltz, Float, Drift) at Floral Fantasy
- Exclusions: Transfers
- Cancelation policy: This ticket cannot be canceled
- Extended Validity: These tickets are valid for 30 Days from the date of purchase.
- Mobile ticket: You don’t need to carry a printed copy of the ticket. A mobile ticket is a valid entry ticket.
What to expect from your Gardens by the Bay tour
The Gardens by the Bay tour is a must-see attraction for any visitor to Singapore. The tour includes a visit to the iconic Supertree Grove, where you'll see towering steel structures covered in lush greenery. You'll also get to explore the Flower Dome, a climate-controlled garden filled with an array of colorful flowers and plants from around the world.
In addition to the gardens, the tour also includes the Avatar: The Experience in the Cloud Forest. This immersive experience takes you into the world of James Cameron's blockbuster film, where you'll see stunning digital displays and walk through a misty, tropical forest.
Overall, the Gardens by the Bay tour is a great way to experience the beauty of Singapore's botanical gardens while also immersing yourself in the world of Avatar. The tour is suitable for all ages and is a great way to spend a few hours exploring the city.
Gardens by the Bay Highlights
- Supertree Grove: The iconic Supertree Grove is made up of 18 steel structures that are up to 50 meters tall, and they are covered in a variety of plants and flowers.
- Greenhouse Experience: The Flower Dome and Cloud Forest are both climate-controlled greenhouses that allow visitors to experience a variety of different climates and ecosystems from around the world.
- Sustainable Design: The Gardens by the Bay were designed with sustainability in mind, using a variety of innovative technologies to reduce energy consumption and minimize waste.
- Nature Walk: The gardens also offer a variety of walking trails for visitors to explore, including a mangrove walk that takes you through a replica of a coastal mangrove ecosystem.
- Avatar Experience: Avatar: The Experience in the Cloud Forest is an immersive experience that takes visitors into the world of James Cameron's blockbuster film. It includes stunning digital displays and a walk through a misty, tropical forest.
- The OCBC Skyway: The OCBC Skyway is a 128m long aerial walkway that connects two of the Supertrees in the Supertree Grove. It offers a bird’s eye view of the gardens and the city.
History of Gardens by the Bay in a Nutshell
- Origins: The idea for Gardens by the Bay was first proposed in 2005 as part of Singapore's efforts to become a "City in a Garden."
- Construction: Construction on the gardens began in 2007 and was completed in 2012.
- Opening: The gardens officially opened to the public on June 29, 2012.
- Expansion: Since its opening, Gardens by the Bay has undergone several expansions, including the addition of the Bay South Garden in 2012 and the Bay East Garden in 2013.
- Popular Attraction: The gardens have quickly become one of Singapore's most popular tourist attractions, welcoming millions of visitors each year.
- Awards: Gardens by the Bay has won several awards for its innovative design, sustainability, and visitor experience, including the World Building of the Year award in 2012, and in 2020, it was awarded the World's Leading Tourist Attraction by the World Travel Awards.
All Your Questions About Gardens by the Bay Answered
Gardens by the Bay is located in the Marina Bay area of Singapore. The address is 18 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 018953. It is easily accessible by public transportation, with the nearest MRT station being Bayfront Station. The garden is also a short walk from the iconic Marina Bay Sands
A: Gardens by the Bay opening hours are daily from 5:00 am to 2:00 am. The Flower Dome and Cloud Forest are open from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
You can easily purchase Gardens by the Bay tickets online by visiting the and selecting the ticket option that best suits your needs. You can choose from single-entry tickets or combo tickets
A: Yes, there are several special events held at Gardens by the Bay, including light shows, music performances, and festivals.
A: Yes, Gardens by the Bay is wheelchair accessible, with ramps and elevators available throughout the park.
Yes, there is a multi-storey car park available at Gardens by the Bay
A: Yes, there are discounts available for online tickets. Be sure to check the official website for the most up-to-date offers and promotions.